Friday, November 15, 2013

Feverish

One of the things I've enjoyed since I've had more "free time" at home, is helping my friends.

One friend recently had her third baby. Her little boys were delighted to welcome their new baby sister into the world. But, little boys and rest and quiet don't add up, so I was thrilled to take them off her hands for a day.  If I could hold that sweet newborn baby girl. Which, she happily allowed.

It gave me baby fever. There is NOTHING like a tiny, new person.

Another friend, mother of 7 (yup) was going out of town for 2 weeks. Her older 5 were going to Grandma's and the newborn with her. That left the little 2 year old boy. Christy's mother in law is of the mindset that even tiny babies can be potty trained (I'm sure you've heard of this. In fact, maybe you do elimination communication with your own children. I'm not here to judge) but it just stresses Christy out. Lord knows, she has enough to do with a newborn, a two year old and 5 other children under the age of 12.  I could see it was causing Christy some angst, the thought of her mother in law losing her patience with little Seth.
I jumped right in and volunteered to keep him.

Figured, if anything, chasing a two year old would cure me of that fever.

This little boy, is as close to perfect as you can imagine. I'm not kidding.  I had to bribe him to NOT GO NIGHT NIGHT as it was too early in the evening. He obeys, he eats anything I put in front of him, he's funny, adorable and this fever is burning me up.

It's probably a very good thing my husband and I are both "fixed".  Even after 7 years since my last baby, even after I'm done with diapers, sleepless nights, potty training and having to work around naps and feedings, and I'm so glad I am, I tell  ya, when I hold that precious baby, or hear a two year old giggle because the dog licked his toes, it makes my uterus hurt.

2 comments:

  1. I love babies. I love seeing them and making faces at them in the grocery store and hearing the small ones shout just to hear their voices. I loved being pregnant, I loved my tiny little ones. But I have never wanted any new ones... the old two were enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you are going to make the perfect grandmother.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".