Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Last of the Firsts


Mommy and her baby!


A few weeks ago, Jeven got his first haircut. He actually needed it weeks before the actual day, but I just wasn't ready to let go of the baby.


Wasn't too willing to try it out!

After that first haircut, the texture and smell of their hair changes. And it adds a year of two to their age immediately. I know this because I have been through the "first haircut" 3 times before this.

Bye Bye curls

Jeven is our last baby. We decided to stop for many reasons. Money. My health. The babies health. What we can provide. And the list goes on. But. But I love babies. And I get extremely sad thinking of never,ever having a newborn baby again. So during these 2 yrs. of Jeven's life I celebrated every milestone: first smile, first laugh, first step, first word. But I've also mourned a little as well. I will never again go through those firsts again.

But, someday I will have grandchildren and I will get to go through the firsts and then send them home!!

Meanwhile, I will enjoy Jayce's, Josie's, Jarrett's and Jeven's firsts along the way.


Two of my handsome men!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".