Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Aerobically Challenged

In my ever continuing efforts to get fit, I borrowed a workout DVD from a friend. It is meant to be a 20 min. effective workout.
Now, just to clarify, I am not an avid fan of exercise. I like the THOUGHT of exercise but actually doing it? Nah. Hence the shape I am in now.
And to clarify some more, I am not very graceful. I don't have a groove thang. ( I can't afford one).

But. The Bridget Jones in me is determined to workout to this DVD at least 3 times a week. So, the first day I couldn't even get half way through it! Not because I was too winded or hurting but because I can't figure out the moves! I am aerobically challenged to say the least.

The big kids are off at school while I am doing this and there is no way on God's green earth I am letting my husband see me. It's just me, Jarrett and Jeven. Now, the kids were at first upset that I turned off their cartoons but as soon as I started trying to do this video, things looked up. "Look! Mom is trying to make it rain in the house!"

But, I tried again today and made it further. I figure the wrong movements are better than NO movements. As I am doing my best Kathy Smith, Jeven very quietly and calmly walks up to me and says "Mommy. Stop it."

I felt so sorry for him. That he was subject to his mother's pathetic-ness.

It's funny. He says the same thing when I sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".