Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Decorating Gone Wrong

My oldest child's birthday is the 9th.  I swore, way back when he was just a wee lad, that we would not decorate for the Holidays until AFTER his birthday. You know, to give him his special "time" and all.

However, over the years, I have found that if we wait until after the 9th, things just sort of "explode" schedule wise and I end up not decorating until the late teens of the month. That just isn't enough time to enjoy the Christmas knick-knacks I have!

So, I asked Jayce if it would be ok if we put out the decorations BEFORE his birthday but waited to get the tree until after.  He thought that was acceptable.
Actually, his exact words were "I don't really care, Mom!  What's to eat?"

Our boxes of decorations are stored in the "attic". Our "attic" is actually a storage area overhead in the garage.  
Our garage is not insulated or air conditioned.  It gets very cold in the winter and very warm in the summer.

A snowflake candle stand.  All it's missing is the pretty, glittery, blue candle that fits perfectly on it.

Oh!  There it is! It seems to have shape-shifted during the summer months! 

That's ok!  I will use a child's black church sock to prop it up!  Good as new!





And, here is a picture of the sock donator.  Giving the funny candle rabbit ears.




2 comments:

  1. I live in Florida and also have the "attic" above the garage. Didn't take me too many years to realize that ALL candles need to be stored in a box in my master bedroom closet!

    The candle does have a certain charm, though. It seems to march to the tune of a different drummer boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I literally laughed out loud and that candle just now! Hilarious!

    My son's birthday is the 4th and I have made the same rule about no xmas decorating before then. I think it's a good delineation and plenty of time left for xmas, too.

    Plus, I just dread getting our xmas tree and all the other paraphernalia out - ours is all in the basement and those boxes are HEAVY!

    I'm looking forward to the interview! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".