Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It Was Beachy!

We aren't big "celebrators" around here.  We acknowledge but that's about it.
Judd and I hadn't really planned on doing anything for our anniversary (yesterday) because he wouldn't be getting off work until late and honestly, we are ok with not doing anything.

Normally.

We have some people close to us that are struggling with their own marriage.  When it hits close to home, it makes you appreciate what you have.  So, we decided that a evening out was in order. 

Monday morning, I arranged a sitter for later that evening with the assurance that even if we didn't drop the kids off until 7, all would be fine.

11:30 that same morning, by husband comes home and announces: "You have 20 minutes to get ready to go. We're all going to the beach!"

This is so out of character for my husband because he hates the beach.  He's not big on road trips and he certainly knows better than to give me a time limit of only 20 minutes to get dressed and packed for a day away.

It's out of character for me to say "Yay!" and actually get dressed and packed in approx. 20 minutes (it may have been more like 45 but....still).  He told me later he was prepared for my usual "But, I have ____to do. And _______has to get done."
But, I didn't and we left. 

And the day was P.E.R.F.E.C.T.  Seriously. There was no fighting (between kids and/or adults). No tears, except the ones that came from pure exhaustion when it was time to go home.  There was no whining (from kids or adults). 

It sounds all  sappy and "Disney Family Movie" ish but it was just what our family needed.  

It made me love my husband even more for thinking of it and pulling it off. 



















Me and my hubby.  Jayce took the picture, you can tell that we were talking to him while he snapped it! 














Happy Beach Day!

                                                                   

















Jarrett picked up this muscle shell and said "I can hear the ocean!!" 














Four little crabs!















Jarrett showing his best side!















Awwww......Here's to many more years together! 

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!

    That's so sweet and spontaneous!

    I have a friend who's going through the end of his marriage. It's sad. I agree, when you have a good one, work at it and appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! What a delight! So glad you had the relaxing time with your family that you so needed!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".