First, I'll start by listing the things I DO enjoy about summer:
- no school
- no set schedule
- late mornings and late nights
- freeze pops
- dirty feet that require scrubbing with the "foot brush" that results in giggles galore
- no set schedule--sometimes, randomness is a curse
- I despise being hot. Seriously. Our house is always hot. We have window a/c but they can only do so much.
- finding things to keep the kids occupied that don't involve me getting hot
- seeing hootchey mamas walking down the street wearing not much of anything
- the days just seem to drag
That being said, we do have some events going on this summer that I'm looking forward to.
We are busy planning my grandmother's 80th bday party, next month. It's on a Saturday. The Wednesday, Thursday before, me and the kids, my mom, my grandmother,uncle and his family and possibly my brother, will be at the beach!
Now, I love the beach. Especially in Oregon. Because you can have a nice, sunny, beautiful day at the beach in Oregon without getting hot!
We are hoping to go camping at least once this summer. I do like camping. We haven't done it since Jayce was 3 (and he threw up all night) and Josie was a baby (that would not sleep).
Now that we're done with babies and I don't have to worry about my kids getting dirty, I think camping would be a lot of fun.
I have a to do list that's quite long. It would be nice to get something crossed off before we start school up again.
These last couple of days, I have been just , for lack of a better word, pissy. Mad at everyone and everything.
Kids have been driving me crazy, our a/c hasn't been put in yet and I'm just tired.
I loved summer as a kid, I would hate to make my kids' summer miserable.
So, I'm gonna try and enjoy the good parts of summer. For my kids' sake. And mine, too.