Sunday, January 16, 2011

Movie Recommendation

As if my opinion matters to you in the first place.

But, I watched a wonderful movie last night, it was however, three hours long and I'm feeling the pain today. But, it was worth it.



Lost in Austen was lent to me by a friend. When I heard the plot, I was a little skeptical. But, seeing as how my husband was watching River Monsters, I decided I'd give it a try.

I love the book "Pride and Prejudice" and the movie, with Colin Firth, even more.
This movie, actually a miniseries that aired in the UK, takes a modern day woman into the life of the characters of the novel. Through a magic door. Sounds stupid, right? Like I said, I was skeptical. It turns out to be funny and sweet and a great love story. The main character of course, screws everything up and the wrong people fall in love and you see different sides of characters you've  "known" for years.

So, if you have 3 hours to spare and lots of popcorn (and some tissues),this is the movie for you.

If you'd prefer, on the other hand, to mindlessly watch ugly water creatures being captured by an idiot*, then my husband's show would be more your style.



*To be fair, I never watched River Monsters. I'm just speculating. Accurately I imagine.

2 comments:

  1. I think I would love that movie! Not a huge fan of the super long ones but I could watch it in two parts maybe.:) It definitely sounds like one for me to enjoy some evening I'm alone.
    Thanks for the recommendation because I seriously am ALWAYS on the lookout for a good movie. :)

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the perfect movie to watch when Jeff's gone on a trip (or the perfect one to watch when he's home to punish him for something, lol). ;) I'll have to check it out - sounds like one I'd like!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".