Too bad I have nothing new and exciting to post about.
I've said it here before and I'm not ashamed to say it again--how do I write about the mundane life I lead but yet try to convey the not so ordinary occurrences that happen on a daily basis, that is my life?
You say it with some pictures! That's how.
|Josie and friend, with a Slurpie. Or Shrimp Sucker. Whichever way you like it.|
First, the kids spent some time in a lab room, making a "Little Ocean" of their own, complete with a little crab and some fish.
Next, Josie and G. got to use their slurpie thingys to dig for sand shrimp. And, cross my heart, a needle in my eye and all that, they NEEDED my help. Seriously. It was hard for their little arms to work the sucky thing. You have to push and pull at the same time. But:
That's all the pictures I have of that day. I may have dropped the camera into a tide pool in my attempt of scooping up a fish for the kids to look at. I was successful! They each got to hold and touch the little sculpin before releasing him back into his home. But, my camera paid the price. Thankfully, the memory card wasn't harmed.
And, if you're keeping track, that's 2 cameras I've dropped into tide pools in the last year. This last one was the one I was borrowing from my parents to replace the previous one I dropped. So, now I need to replace TWO cameras.
So, I need to figure out how to get pictures from my phone onto the computer. I will put that right on my "to do " list. At the bottom.
Currently, my list has:
- house cleaning (which includes laundry, dishes, assembling a new dresser, cleaning out closets, etc...)
- Sunday School lesson writing
- nursing home visits
- counseling family members
- worrying about said family members
- watching t.v.
- figure out how to get pictures off of phone
- trying to do Weight Watchers (again) and NOT feeling like a failure because I may go over my daily points allowance because my freakin' "to do" list is so freakin' huge.
- regular blog posting