Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Whip It Good

Jeven HATES to get up in the mornings. I literally have to drag him out of bed. Kicking and yelling and fighting me every step of the way. At least on school mornings. On weekends? Up 30 min EARLIER than a school morning. Yup. It's grand.

After one especially exasperating morning, when I stated I didn't know what we were gonna do with him, Jeven offered up this suggestion:

Jeven: I know what you can do!
Me: Oh yeah? What?
Jeven: Buy a big thing of licorice!
Me: Wha??
Jeven: Yeah!! You can spank me with the long strings of Red Rope!
Me: Oh? And, then what? Let you eat it?
Jeven: Yeah!! THAT would be my punishment!! Eating licorice that touched my bottom!!! 


I don't know what to type here, as I wasn't sure what to say in response to his whole plan. I think I just told him to get his shoes on and get out to the bus stop. 

For the record, we don't not whip our children with ropes, Red or otherwise.

He does love licorice! And, he chooses black as only 1/3 of the people in our house will eat it. (2/6 really but, that is not a lowest term fraction, and it bothered me.)

1 comment:

  1. I miss twizzlers. Tony eats them all the time. Being gluten free, they are no longer for me. :( My favorite??? The black ones. he's got good taste.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".