Monday, June 30, 2008

Potpourri

I have been putting off posting, not because I haven't anything to write about but because I have too much. And these last few days, I have been extremely grumpy, for the only reason that I am female. It is highly unfair that once a month, we (at least I) turn into monsters. I turn into a mother that is too bothered by her children and a wife that takes all of life's sorrows out on her husband. I can't control it, I can only wait, along with my innocent victims, until the storm passes. So, I have avoided posting because I was afraid it would turn into griping and whining.

I wanted to post about our trip to the zoo. It was extremely fun but so much work! We went with my parents so technically, we were at a 1:1 ratio, but still. But the kids enjoyed all the animals, the best parts were when they got to witness nature at it's best--animals peeing. They all thought it was hilarious. And I suspect their dad did too! Must be a man thing....

I wanted to post about almost losing my son in the pond. THAT was extremely not fun. We had been bribing Jarrett that if he went poop in the potty, we would take him fishing and it finally happened. We left Jeven with my mom and took the other 3 kids to a pond down off the freeway. It was brushy and buggy and muddy. Judd and I would separate, go into little "cut outs" and Josie and Jayce would go back and forth between us while Jarrett would stay with his dad. We both were just trying to get a fish on so Jarrett could reel it in. We made it about 1/2 way around the pond, when all of the sudden Jarrett was gone. I mean GONE. Judd took off back down the trail where we had come from, I went ahead to make sure he didn't go past us. I finally decide there was no way he went past so I went after Judd. I am running up this trail and I meet about 10 people, coming my way. I am crying and yelling out his name and these people say: "He's back there". I ask: "Does his Dad have him?" and they say "no, but he'll find him". These people had seen my 3yr. old baby boy, wandering around a pond, crying and didn't stop him. I couldn't believe it!! Needless to say, Judd got him back and all was well. But during that lifetime that Jarrett was lost, time stood still and my world fell down around me. Hard to believe that can happen in a blink of an eye, and it only takes approx. 2 minutes. We ended up not catching any fish and just going home.

I wanted to post about deciding to take better care of myself. Seems all of the sudden, now that I am not pregnant or breastfeeding, my body finally belongs to me again and I don't want it!! It's too big and too old. If I knew then what I know now...I would have worn more sunscreen (wrinkles) and drank more water (too much soda nowadays). I have set out to eat healthier, not necessarily diet, and move around more and seek out more "me" time. It is a hard thing to do! My kids and husband have always came first, then when I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I will go and take care of me. But I am finding when I am happier, my family is happier.

I wanted to post about how tight financially things are right now. More so than normal. I go grocery shopping weekly and prices will go up in just that short amount of time. And always on the things we need. Weird. I think most people would be surprised what I spend on groceries, for a family of our size. I have been told by financial counselors, it is about 1/2 of what is considered normal. It's hard to tighten that belt any tighter! And , while I am thinking about it, why does it cost more to eat healthier?

Like I said, I had alot to talk about. Our summer is going by fast already. The kids come inside every night, covered from head to toe with dirt and stickiness from ice cream and tired from playing with all their friends. Just like kids should be every summer! Life for them is going so slow but as their mommy, it could slow down, just a tad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".