Saturday, September 20, 2008

Baby Beluga

Beluga via Noolmusic.com
Beluga Myspace Graphics



When I graduated from high school, many moons ago, I wanted to be a marine biologist. Or at least I thought I did. I wanted to be one of those people that worked with the dolphins and whales at Sea World. Not one of those people that were put on a deserted island for months studying the mating habits of sea slugs. Turns out you can't just go get a job training animals at Sea World. Imagine that.
But, my lack of college education and experience has not hindered my love for the ocean and the animals in it.

There is a certain kid's song about a sea mammal. "Baby Beluga" is sung by Raffi. He is the Hannah Montana of child songs, of the 80's. "Baby Beluga" is the only song I know of his. I swear.

Ever since I started having children, many moons ago, I have been shoving it down their throats encouraging them to love the song and book also. With no luck.
Until Jeven! He LOVES "bawooga". I have been greeted early mornings by a book in my face with "Pweese? Bawooga?".

This makes me so happy for some sick reason. It gives me an excuse to sing a silly little song about a whale? It gives me some "special" time with my baby? It proves that I can make my child like something? All of those reasons I suspect.

I have searched for some "deeper" meaning to all this but I just conclude that it makes me happy and it makes Jeven happy so that's good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".