Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rules That Are Meant To Be Broken

A friend posted about some of the rules in her house, the ones that no one writes down. The rules that you can't even believe you actually have to make and say out loud.

And for some strange reason, she thinks that maybe I have some of those types of rules.  She dared encouraged me to blog about them.

In our house, there's the basic rules. Be nice to each other, don't lie, don't hit, etc... But, of course, with 4 kids, 1 husband (thank Gawd!!) and a miniature zoo, there are some things that always need to be reiterated. Such as:

  • We do not lick another person's corn dog. 
  • We do not lick our feet (or your sibling's feet) at the kitchen table. If you MUST do it, do it elsewhere. 
  • I don't care if you're 6 or 36, if you can't get it into the freakin' toilet, SIT DOWN!!
  • Postage stamps are NOT fancy stickers. 
  • When drawing a picture of your mother, always, ALWAYS make her butt smaller than it is in real life. Always. 
  • The cat is not for throwing at your sister. 
  • I don't care if I can't spit your name out when I'm angry. If you know you're guilty, just fess up, even if I did call you by your sibling's name. 
  • If mom is sound asleep on the couch during movie time, so sound in fact that she's snoring so loud you can't hear the movie, do not, I repeat, DO NOT wake her up. You've seen the movie approximately 458 times anyways.
  • Speaking of movie time, if mom is crying at a movie that she has seen 458 times, do not make fun of her. 
  • If I have to pick it up, or tell you to pick it up, more than 3 times, it's going in the garbage. I don't care if it is the Red Power Ranger and he will kill me in my sleep. 
  • When your younger brother wakes up, do not tell him it is his birthday. Every day.
  • We do not need to break dance at the grocery store. 
  • Clothing is NOT optional. 
I'm sure there are many rules left unspoken. Life with kids and a family is just full of unspoken rules that you make up on the fly. But, it wouldn't be nearly as interesting if it wasn't , now would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".