Friday, November 11, 2011

Reading at a Third Grade Level

My daughter is reading a book for her very first book report! 

Now, she is a very good reader, doesn't need much help sounding out words. However, her reading comprehension needs some work.  She has a hard time telling you what has she read or taking a test about what has read.

With some gentle encouragement from me, she chose this book:
(Except, it wasn't this EXACT book. It was mine from when I was Josie's age. So, the book cover is a tad different but you get the point)

Like I said,it was my copy from when I was in 3rd grade. And,it was one book out of a set of 4. But, I thought this would be a great book for Josie to start with.

And, to be a better teacher/parent, I decided maybe I should read the book as well, in order to help Josie with her comprehension. 

I ended up reading all 4 books last weekend. 

I'm very proud of myself!  And, my reading comprehension is awesome! I got 100% on all my daughters tests!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. You must feel such a sense of accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I sure hope you gave yourself a gold star and put your report on the fridge! LOL

    We LOVE the Ramona books! *I* love them so much that those are always the books we end up reading outloud before bed because they're my favorite (don't judge, when you're reading that much, the parent's gotta love the book, too, right!?). ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".