Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fun

Some time ago, I discovered that my wedding ring was missing one of it's smaller diamonds. My ring is not the most expensive, elaborate ring out there, but obviously, it means a lot to me. I was very sad.

Since then, I have not worn a ring. It's really the only piece of jewelery that I wear. I bite my fingernails so anything looks gross on my hands.
But, I do feel weird without a wedding ring. Especially when I am out with my 4 kids. It's not that I think I will get hit on because I am just oh so hot pushing that double stroller. I just don't want to appear like a single mom with 4 kids.


I was at a department store today looking at the costume jewelery to see if anything would pass for a wedding ring until we can get mine fixed. Jeven was in the stroller and Jarrett was free, on the loose, no strings attached. He was doing a pretty good job of following the stay-with-me-don't-touch rules. He was even helping me by picking out rings he thought were "gawgus". (Let's hope he gets better taste before he is picking out his future wife's ring).

I am uh-huhing at his selections and not really paying attention.

He decides to spin the jewelery rack as fast as it will go. Necklaces, earrings and other assorted gems are flying off the racks. Literally.

I was so embarrassed and angry!
Not only am I a single mom with 4 kids, now I have uncontrollable kids!! So white trash.

I put everything back the way it was, as best as I could, and high tailed it out of that store.

I have Jarrett by the arm and am saying "Jarrett!! That was SUPER naughty" (because, duh! any almost 4 yr. old can distinguish between SUPER naughty and regular naughty.)
His response?

"No, it wasn't. It was fun!".



Gotta love this kid. Darn him.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes! My Curtis did that when he was about that age! What's a Mom to do?

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".