Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Today, So Far

All times approximate. Names have not been changed to protect anyone.

5:30 a.m. Woken by Jeven's crying. I go to his room, ask him what's wrong, he replies he doen't know. I see he and his bed are soaking wet. I change both.

6:45 a.m. Husband asks me to set out his clothes. Like I am his valet?
6:48 a.m. Husband asks me to bring him a towel. Husband not on my good side so far today.

7:30 a.m. Wake Jayce and Josie to get ready for school. Argue with Josie about what she can wear to school.
7:34 a.m. Argue with Josie about eating breakfast.
7:41 a.m. Argue with Josie about brushing her hair.

8:10 a.m. Wave to kids as they get on school bus. (Good luck Josie's teacher!)

8:15 a.m. Take shower. Yell three times at Jarrett and Jeven to stop running. Jeven asks for milk. While I am in the shower. It always kills me that kids think we can do ANYTHING in the shower. (Mom? Will you read me a book? Mom? Can I have a sandwich?)

8:40 a.m. Pour both boys juice.
8:42 a.m. Clean up spilled juice.

9:30 a.m. We're at Walmart! Where I am asked no less than 3 times if the boys are twins.
10:38 a.m. Realize what time it is and that we need to get out of store to be home in time for Josie's school bus. Go to check out where boys get into fight over who gets to put the toilet paper up on the conveyor belt.

11:07 a.m. Now home. Unload groceries. Ask Jeven to put toilet paper and maxi pads in bathroom. Try to explain what the maxi pads are to a 2 yr. old. They're mommy's. Special things. No, they are not band aids.

11:20 a.m. Josie is home.

11:45 a.m. Make hotdogs, grapes and cracker lunch. Receive demands on how kids want their hotdogs--2 cut up, 1 in a bun. Present lunch. Spend next 15 min. threatening children to eat their lunch.

12:15 p.m. Throw together this cake with leftover frosting.


12:30 p.m. Put kids down for nap. More threats made.

12:57 p.m. Kids finally asleep. Make a pit stop in the bathroom where I find the toilet paper and maxi pads in the bathtub. Post this blog.

I haven't even done any of the things I need to do: laundry, cleaning, bill paying.

But you know what? I have a great book checked out from the library and I'm going to read it! But no, not in the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".