Saturday, February 28, 2009

Round and Round We Go

Conversation with Jarrett (4) this morning:

Me: What would you like for breakfast? We don't have any bread so you can have cereal or fruit.

Jarrett: I want toast with cinnamon and sugar. Lots of sugar!! (said with eyes bugging out, appearing like he's had sugar already!)

Me: We don't have bread. Cereal or fruit?

Jarrett: Can I have toast?

Me: We don't have bread!

Jarrett: Ok.

silence

Jarrett: Can I have toast?

Finally, the little light bulb goes off over my head! To a 4 yr. old, bread and toast are two different things. He doesn't realize that bread has to be toasted to become toast! I explain this as best as I can.

Jarrett: I will have cereal. With lots of sugar!!!

Me: Of course you will.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".