Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Calling All Dishwashers

Yesterday, I went to make a phone call and could not find the phone! 
It's a cordless phone (does anyone use one of the old-fashioned corded phones anymore?) where the base is on the wall.  I went to the base and pushed "find handset" button and listened for the beeps. 
Which sounded like they were coming from the living room.

"No, wait!  The kitchen."

"No, that's not right.  It's the living room."

"But it's coming form the kitchen!" 

"I'm losing my mind!"

"Where is that darn thing?"

Finally, I stop in front of the dishwasher.

"It can't be!"

Oh, but it is.

There in the top rack of the dishwasher is our phone.

I stand there for a minute and think "Am I SO tired that I put the phone in the dishwasher?"  and really start to rethink my sanity.

Then I hear laughter. 

I turn around and there is my sweet, innocent, adorable, half crazy son, Jeven, laughing hysterically!

"You find it!!  You went 'round and 'round, Mama!  I put the phone there! Yep!" 

I don't know what I was more relieved about;  the fact that I didn't put the phone in there in an insane moment or that I found it before I ran the dishwasher!!  

2 comments:

  1. LOL--I thought MY kid would only do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! At least you didn't wash it! Merry Christmas from us you you!!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".