Friday, July 9, 2010

The Scale Never Lies

It does like to mess with me, though.

I've recently lost some weight. Not a ton (well, of course not a ton. You haven't seen me on TLC yet have you?  "One Ton Woman Only Has Time To Write Once A Week In Her Blog"  Not quite.)
But, enough that it's made a difference in how I feel.  About 20 lbs! 

At least I think it's about 20 lbs.  My stupid scale messes with my head.
I weigh in the same time everyday, wearing the same outfit--my birthday suit. 
I step on :  122 (Not real weight, of course. Did you think I'd actually write my real weight?)
I step off. Then immediately back on:  120
Awesome! I lost 2 pounds in 2 seconds!  This weight loss thing is a piece of cake! Wait, cake?
Step back off, then on again:  125.  Oh man!  I knew I shouldn't have thought of cake!!

I do this several times until I get  a number at least 3 out of 5 times.

I have been making small goals along the way.  I've had a certain number I've been trying to reach for about a week now.  I've been .3 pounds away from it for 3 days. So frustrating!! 

Today, I saw that number!  For about 3.2 seconds. 

Stupid scale is just teasing me. Forcing me to work harder so I can see that number for more than a split second or two.

I even got desperate enough to go out and buy a swim suit.  I did own one but it was a maternity suit left over from approximately 3 kids ago.  We won't even discuss how it still mostly fits.
But, I needed a new suit. 
After an entire day of shopping (in may have taken longer than necessary because Papa had all of my kids. To say I hurried would be an untruth.) I found an old lady style that tries to look fashionable.  You know, the kind with a skirt? Yeah. S-E-X-Y. 
But, I'm not trying to impress anyone.  My husband has seen me naked a few times.  So, no reason to look good, even if I could. 

This last week, I've made it a priority to get to the pool and swim laps. With the old people (good thing I had an appropriate old lady suit, eh?)

If anyone ever tells you you can't get hot and sweaty swimming, they are liars. 

But, it's exercise that I enjoy (did I just say that sentence out loud?).

My scale is challenging me but for once, I will win! 
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you only the best! Weight loss/gain can be so incredibly frustrating! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha... That is funny because I have the same style suit! What frustrates me is when I get in the water the skirt "rises" to the top and floats around me?! Now I have to tuck the skirt edges around the "brief" portion of the suit while in the water to prevent that!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".