Thursday, September 10, 2009

Grumpy

Last night's post is in deep contrast to my feelings tonight. I'm very grumpy. And I can't cop out and blame it on "woman's stuff". Darn.

Today was payday. Woohoo. I can remember actually being excited on paydays. Would go to the mall, go to the movies and have fun.
Now, it's spent before the days over. And, although I'm thankful for what we have, it's somewhat depressing to think about what we don't have.

This thinking gets me going in a downward spiral and soon my brain is clouded with the grumps.
My kids suffer. My husband suffers. The general population of our town suffers because, dude, you don't want to mess with me in the grocery store.

Most of the time, I can pick myself out of the grumps but sometimes, I just want to relish it for a tad.

So, I'm putting the kids to bed and running a hot bath. Don't even think about knocking on the door in the disguise of having to use the toilet. I know better. You went 5 minutes ago. You are just afraid I'm using your rubber duck and Lighting McQueen bubble bath. What can I say? It makes me feel better.

3 comments:

  1. The same thing happens to us. Friday is payday and it's already spent on bills, food, etc and we are 4 days short due to illness last pay period. We took a 65% pay cut when he got laid off late last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I hate paydays. It always goes so fast. I say add some good chocolate. Hid it with the cleaning products. No one ever looks there in my house.. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".