Saturday, January 17, 2009

I Am Going To Strangle Her...

...if she were in fact a real person.

But she's not.

I am at the grocery store. I have only a few items.

I pass my club card over the scanner.

"Card accepted"

I pass my first item, a bag of chips, over the scanner.

"2.99. $.79 savings"

I put the chips in a bag but they are so light, it doesn't register.

"Please bag item"

Me: I did!

"Please bag item"

Me: whatever.

I scan the rest of my items. As I pass the last item over the scanner, Jeven lets out a blood curdling scream. Apparently, Jarrett took his tissue. I KNOW! Horrid!
But, I still have my salad in my hand.

"Please bag item"

Me: Ok! Give me a freakin' minute here would you!?

As I bag item, my purse falls into one of the bags.

"Unexpected item in bagging area. Please remove item"

Me: Would you make up your mind already?

I total out my purchases and insert cash (per her instructions). My total was $10 and I had a five and singles.

"Please insert cash or slide card"

In goes one single.

"Please insert cash or slide card."

Me: I. AM. GOING. AS. FAST. AS. I. CAN. LADY.

Finally. I am done.

"Thank you for shopping at Albertsons".

I thought express, self check outs were suppose to make things easier in my life. Instead I have dreams of taking a sledge hammer to the stupid thing.

How's THAT for unexpected item in bagging area. Lady of the self check out machine. I would sleep with one megabyte open if I were you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".