Friday, November 9, 2012

My Manly Men

My husband was off work today.

 Because he has already gone hunting and gotten his deer, he wanted to take the "little boys" up in the woods and have Manly Time.

He got them out of bed at 5:30. One kid is notorious for not sleeping. The other, for not wanting to get up, ever.  Needless to say, to do something cool with Dad, they were both up and ready to go before you can say "It's too darn early for this, Mom's going back to bed".

They left and I worried. I always worry when my kids are out in the woods. No good reason. Just if they aren't with me, it doesn't feel right.

Of course, they came home and were so very excited to tell me all they had done. They both spoke at once:

  • Dad peed in the snow and wrote his name! It was in cursive!
  • I got to drive the car!
  • My feet are frozen! 
  • We all had to pee and guess who peed the longest? AND the furthest!! ME!! 
  • No, I'm not tired at all! Why do you ask? 
  • What's to eat?
So, apparently, Manly Time in the woods involves peeing, a lot and far, and freezing. Not my idea of a good time but I wasn't invited.

P.S. The one that is notorious for never wanting to get up, is also the one that wears shorts, 365 days a year. I stopped arguing about it about a year ago. He seriously never gets cold. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that you let him wear shorts. :) Maybe that helps with his distance peeing? *snicker* boys...

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".