Wednesday, November 21, 2012

So Much For THAT!

Posting every day proved to be more difficult than I first thought. It's not so much that nothing ever happens. It's just that it's not easy to put into words, all the things that happen here.

But, trying to post every day did make me realize that I need to blog more, I enjoy it, it brings me peace.

Here is what has been happening since I posted last:

  • If you will remember my new nephew, James, born 10 wks early. He is now 9 months old, and doing so well. I was lucky enough to get some cuddles in this weekend and am looking forward to Christmas with him and his sister and mom and dad visiting again. God does wonderful things! 





  •  Finding this on our front porch was quite alarming. I'm not fond of spiders. At all. But, this guy looked so cool, I told the kids to leave him. He has been in the exact same spot for 3 days now.
  • We hosted a teen lunch after church. It's the 3rd one we have done. We go to a very small church, so luckily, we are not talking hundreds of teens. We have a very small house, so unluckily, it gets kinda crowded. But, they all had fun. Watch a couple of movies and had me worried that they would eat me out of house and home ate nachos. I think I managed to get at least one body part of every teen present in this picture. 

 
  •  Luther, the baby dog, got sick with some sort of infection. A trip to the vet, antibiotics and $100 later, he is good as new. He started shivering and was terribly lethargic. When you eat pizza in front of your dog, and slobber does not drip down his face and he doesn't cry for just a small taste, you know something is wrong. I was afraid that he had been poisoned, by what, I did not know but, I was convinced he was dying. I called the vet and they couldn't get us in for 2 hours! I was afraid he would be dead by then but I didn't have a million dollars to take him to the emergency vet. (Yes, those exist). I told the kids to watch him, while I took a shower. I come out to find him sleeping, like this:
I knew he was dead. I screamed his name and stomped my feet. Luther, and everyone else in the house, jumped to attention and rolled their eyes kindly reminded me that he always sleeps like this. (And, it's true. This picture was taken months ago.) Stupid dog. 
  • That's all the updates for now. Blogger is giving me fits again, with the pictures. I think Blogger hates me. 
  • I hope you all have a truly wonderful Thanksgiving!  I know I have so much to be thankful for! 

2 comments:

  1. blog when you want to... no obligations. But your posts are quite entertaining. The dog sleeping photo is hilarious.

    And what a beautiful little boy. Glad he's doing well.

    I think spiders are really cool.. OUTSIDE. And I usually leave them alone other than occasionally relocating a web so I can get to my car without doing the spider dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a lot going on!! thank you for opening your home to starving teens...our church here does not seem to be as good at gathering teens for for worship., we kep trying new ways.
    We have a spider web outside our kitchen window..it is so very cool to watch it! it catches bugs and spins the catch!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".