Wednesday, December 3, 2008

End of a Era (part two)

I have received a couple emails and phone calls asking how the potty training was going.

In a word? Pretty darn good. Yes, I know that's three words, but it's going that well!

The first day, we went through 3 pairs of underwear, 3 pull ups within the first hour and a half. Seems my little boy pees often. Very often. My plan was to set the timer for every 20 minutes and take him. I finally had the time narrowed down to every SIX minutes.

Didn't get much done that day.

But, every six minutes, he would go pee. On the potty! He got 2 Skittles and a sticker every time he went and by the end of the day, his paper was full and half a box of candy was gone!

He even went poop on the potty that first day! Which, after doing this with 3 other kids, this is a huge deal!

He has continued to go whenever I put him on the potty and is going longer stretches of time. He has even gone in 2 different public restrooms. He has said "I have to go potty" but it's been after Jarrett has said the same thing.
But, he's doing awesome and I'm so proud of him.

He's getting to be such a big boy! Which brings up another topic. Both boys got weighed and measured last week. Jarrett was barely 30 pounds (if he'd been naked, he'd never have made it!) and was 37 5/8 inches tall. Jeven, his younger brother, my baby, was almost 34 pounds and 36 5/8 inches tall.

So, to those of you that have asked if Jeven is bigger than Jarrett, the answer is yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".