Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Time Goes Fast

10 years ago today, I was in the hospital. About this time that night, I lay exhausted but elated in the bed. In my arms slept my new son. I stared at him and wondered what kind of boy he'd grow up to be. I prayed that I would be the kind of mother he deserved.

Looking at him, it was the first time ever that I knew without hesitation, I would lay my life down for his. Looking at him, I was looking at my heart.

Jayce has grown up to be an exceptional young man. He has a wonderful role model in his father and grandfathers. He makes wise decisions (most of the time) and is compassionate and kind. He has grown up to be the kind of boy I feel I don't always deserve. I have not been a perfect mother to him. There have been times I was short with patience, too quick to snap and not quick enough to laugh.

I prayed today that he will continue to be a fine young man as we enter these pre-teen years. I prayed that God will help me and his father raise him to His liking. I thank God for giving us Jayce.

10 years ago today, my life changed forever. For the best. I became a mother, for the first time.


10 yrs ago. (sorry but we don't have a scanner, had to take a picture of the picture) What are those young kids doing having a baby?





Tonight opening birthday presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".