Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Visit with the Big Guy....

....You know the one in the red suit and white beard?




I know that some Christian families don't do the whole Santa thing. But we do. To some extent. We don't push it on our kids and we don't ever, ever say that Christmas is "magic". I don't have a single decoration that has Santa on it. My kids go see him once. And if they don't want to, they don't have to. Jayce does not believe in the guy, but the other kids do so he plays along.

Frankly, I was raised in a house that Santa visited but I always knew what Christmas was really about. It's the same in my house today, with my kids. We celebrate Jesus' birthday along with some fun with surprise presents and some mystery of how Santa comes through our pellet stove.

This year was the first time that Jarrett was brave enough to sit on Santa's lap and talk to him.
All of my kids (so far) at the age that Jarrett is at now, think that Santa is a one stop shopping center.
When Josie was 3, we visited Santa and as we walked away, she started crying. Loudly. We finally figured out that when she told Santa she wanted a Dora doll, she thought she'd leave with the toy. We had to explain that she didn't get anything until Christmas morning.

When we went to visit Santa this year, Jarrett walked right up to him and said "Do you have that Wall-E robot?" like one does at Walmart when you're looking for the low fat crackers: "Where would I find the Wheat Thins?".

Jeven would have none of the strange man so he sat in the stroller.

Santa did say that I had cute kids and I am sure they are the cutest that he's seen all year. Santa wouldn't lie.

2 comments:

  1. We don't really do Santa, but play along because of Curtis. I am sure he will figure it out next year then the "Santa fun" will be over with forever. That just means my baby is growing up and into a big boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetie!
    You have done a tremendous job on your blog!
    I may have to take lessons from you :)
    You have 4 beautiful children, you and Judd have done a great job with them.
    I hope to read your blog more often!
    Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".