Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Married Store

Mawwiage. Mawwiage is what bwings us togethew today. 

Just had to get that out of my system. 

Ok, so I am thinking this is probably normal.  If it is not, please don't tell me otherwise.  Let me stay safe in my cocoon of "normalcy".

Jeven likes to kiss me.  And I mean K.I.S.S. me. 
"I want a big kiss Mom!"  Then he'll proceed to put his arms around my neck, put his puckered lips on mine and move all around.  I am thankful there's no tongue.

Tonight, we were snuggling on the couch and he gives me a "big kiss".  Then says, "Now, we're married."

I say:  "Well, no.  I'm already married!"
Jeven:  "WHAT!!" 
Me:  "Yep.  I got married a long time ago".
Jeven:  "To who?  The lady at church?"
Me:  "WHAT!!"
Jeven:  "Who you married to?"
Me:  "Daddy silly!"
Jeven:  "Did you drive to the married store or something?"
Me:  "Something like that."
Jeven:  "You suppose to marry me!"  (said with pouty face)
Me:  "Oh, I'm sorry but I still love you very much.  Someday you'll get big and marry a very special girl."
Jeven: "NOT JOSIE!!"

So, Jeven kisses his mother inappropriately and wants to marry her.  But, at least he doesn't want to marry his sister.  That's something, right? 

4 comments:

  1. My favorite movie in the entire world! I'm even naming my son Wesley...well, not because of that, but still!

    Anyway I've heard at least three other mothers relate stories like this, so it sounds normal to me. Just keep the story to tell his future fiancee, assuming she's not the jealous type ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Princess Bride, right? Awesome that you quoted that!
    That's hilarious that your son kisses you like that. Does he do it in public?? And the "married store" - how cute is that! Kids say and do the greatest things, God bless them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well you used the word putz on gucci's blog on aliens, and of colur4se i am the putz, so i just wondered in what contecxt you are using the word, saying i am a putz, curiosity killed the cat you know....by the way i never miss one of stephanie's posts now in over two years, even though she is a conservative republican in love with rush and theat lorie guy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I typed a really long comment for you today (one handed) and then, somehow the comment disappeared and I got booted back to my reader.

    I find I can swear just as eloquently with only one hand as I can with two.
    ;)

    Matt wanted to marry me when he was a little boy. He was bummed when I told him that he'd have to find a girl his own age when he was old enough to get married.

    Now that he's heading off to PSU in a few weeks, he's looking forward to meeting those girls.

    And on a related note, Matt can quote huge sections of that movie and do the voices like a pro. It's hysterical.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".