Saturday, November 14, 2009

What a Trip

When did I get so old?  When did a day out of town, for a friend's babyshower, make me so darned tired?

Maybe it was the fact I drove 2 1/2 hours north, attended the shower, and drove 2 1/2 hours back home.  With my 6 yr. old daughter.  That girl wears me out!! 

The seriously tripping part is that the baby shower was for my oldest friend in the world.  We have known each other since we were Josie's age.  Younger actually.  We met in kindergarten. 
She was my roommate in college.  She was a bridesmaid at my wedding. 

The years have brought many changes.  In distance.  In life style.  In many circumstances.

But I was such fun to see her today, all pregnant and beautiful. 

I regret we didn't get any pictures today.  Hopefully, when that little baby girl arrives, I will make another
5 hr. round trip to hold her.  And get a picture with her and her marvelous mommy! 

I love you Laura!  I know you'll make a great mommy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Even if you just say "HI!".